In addition to participating in the broad array of events, programs, classes, services, and fellowship available at Adath Jeshurun, your membership offers the additional benefits below:
▪ AJ Preschool: Members receive a discount on tuition in the AJ Preschool.
▪ Bar/Bat Mitzvah Training: Prepares students to have the skills they need to participate in the bar/bat mitzvah experience with confidence.
▪ Cemetery: Burial fees in the AJ Cemetery for members are 50% off.
▪ Choir: Enables those who love to sing to participate with others to make music together at worship services and concerts.
▪ Communications: An array of communications are offered to keep members informed, including a monthly newsletter, weekly email blasts, Facebook posts, a state-of-the-art website, and more.
▪ Events: Reduced fees are offered to AJ members at various events.
▪ High Holy Day Seat Reservations: To ensure families can sit and worship together, seats may be reserved in advance.
▪ Life Cycle Events: AJ’s newly-renovated building provides a beautiful backdrop for creating lasting memories. Rabbi Slosberg and Cantor Lipp officiate at life-cycle events of AJ members.
▪ Religious Education: Families and the synagogue partner together to teach the next generation by participation in the synagogue’s shared Religious School/Hebrew School, High School of Jewish Studies and Confirmation Classes. As a bonus, Adath Jeshurun pays a percentage of each child’s tuition.
▪ Scholarships: AJ has scholarship funds for Camp Ramah, Israel programs and leadership programs for which AJ members are welcome to apply.
▪ Serving: Members may hold office and serve on the Board of Trustees, if elected, to share input and have their voices heard on issues affecting the synagogue.
▪ Voting: Members may participate in voting at open meetings of the synagogue when issues are brought to the Congregation for a vote.
As an AJ Member, you may find the following links helpful:
- Join an AJ committee.
- Join the Baking Bunch
- Join the AJ choir.
- Order a memorial plaque.
- Order a Leaf on The Tree of Life.
- Refer a new member.
- Request a hospital visit.
- Reserve a date on the synagogue calendar.
- Sponsor a Kiddush lunch.
If you need further assistance, please contact the synagogue office at 502-458-5359.